1. Horace Rumpole: fearless, independent, hilarious and just.
2. Atticus Finch: humane, unstinting and right.
3. Crown Court (this is Richard Wilson playing Jeremy Parsons QC) - no particular barrister but what a series! Intelligent, realistic and gripping.
5. Alan Shore (Boston Legal) - ridiculous, flawed, genius.
6. Phyllida Trant (Rumpole) - smooth, sophisticated, astute - the real deal.
7. Perry Mason: you cannot take your eyes of him in court. A great cross-examiner.
8. William Garrow (I also know he was real) as played by Andrew Buchan - a canny advocate, pioneering, and inspiring.